12 Oct Change of season meridian yoga sequence
Here is the sequence, below you can download a PDF of the sequence, or visit my studio for a print out.
- Side opener pose. 3-5 x each side. (*hands clasped behind head more challenging)
- Lengthen through each side
- Dynamic leg lift 5-10 ea side
- Optional: do ea leg 5 times lowering to just above the floor. Exhale lift.
- Lying side release. Keep feet & knees tightly together. Exhale legs to side without letting knees slide apart. 5 ea side
- Psoas stretch. Hold ankles if can, exhale each knee down 5 times, then hold for a few breaths. Relaxing back/hip down towards floor.
- Wide Bridge. Feet wider than hips, hold ankles or hands on floor. Exhale lift 8-10 times. Then hold and squeeze knees inwards 5-10 times. Relax on back to finish.
- Dynamic Leg swing. Raise right leg, extend through heels. Exhale across left without rolling onto left hip. Inhale up/exhale out wide. 5-10 times. Repeat left leg.
- Optional: add some squats, exhale lower keeping knees in line with toes. Go as low as comfortable and hold for a few breaths. *No pain should be felt in knees.Finish with another round of sun Salutations or lie down and rest for 10 belly breaths ☺
Click here to download the resource sheet.